Friday, October 31, 2014

David Beckham, Oki-Ni x Adidas, RRL, Acne Studios


I often get asked why I follow David's style... well the simple answer is I spotted the above picture in 2012 and was quite blown away by his effortless ability to throw an outfit together. This then inspired me to collect images and analyze his style in greater detail, which eventually became #wearitlikeBeckham.

This now infamous picture taken at the Y-3 10th Anniversary Collection at NYFW in 2012 is what put me on a mission to find the T-shirt (RRL Faded Black Canvas), jeans (Acne Studios Max Man Ray) and shoes (Oki-Ni adidas Tennis Hi). It took me ages to find each of the items, but eventually I did through the help of some of my followers.


The outfit was so simple and just perfectly cool... I just had to have it and hence started my passion.

 
About Oki-Ni x Adidas Tennis Hi
Oki-Ni and Adidas have recreated the Tennis Hi, circa 1974. This version was produced in dual layers of nylon webbing over a lemon peel weave and has full-grain leather overlays in optical white. Only 300 pairs were ever made and sadly I don't have a pair!!
 
About Acne Studios Max Man Ray
Acne changes the wash from season to season, so if you want the exact wash you'll have to go back to the F/W 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment